[OH-Dev] Some work on making tar mission class-based

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sat Jun 23 02:27:27 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Mark Holmquist's message of Fri Jun 22 22:16:38 -0400 2012:
> This is an attempt, but it has a glaring bug in it, because the
> MissionBaseFormView doesn't really work the way it's supposed to, or at
> least, it doesn't work the way I expect it to....
>
> Hopefully someone can take a look at this and help me get through the
> bug, else this might never happen!
>
> Essentially, the problem is that "form" (which should be an instance of
> MissionBaseFormView or some such) isn't present in the context variables
> for any of the views. The django class FormView says that this should
> exist, but all attempts to force that to happen have, thus far, failed.
>
> If I'm just not doing this right, then I'd just appreciate a point in
> the right direction :)

For what it's worth, I took a look over Mark's shoulder and couldn't find
an obvious problem with what he was doing.

It'd be great if someone more familiar with class-based views could take
a look.

Note that the form-based views haven't been tested yet, so it's not super
surprising that there are bugs waiting to be found. This is the first
serious attempt by anyone to move a mission to the newest class-based
views, and once we get past this bug, it should be smoother sailing for
the rest of them.