[OH-Dev] Just created the auth-django-mediawiki-test-cases repo

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Jul 2 21:21:20 UTC 2012

Hey all,

Our AuthDjango plugin for MediaWiki was acting weird, so I wrote some test
cases for it. In particular, when you show up to the wiki initially, it's
helpful to see a logout button in the top-right corner (rather than one's
IP address). (It seems that if you have any wiki session cookies, you see
your IP address. In the end, this can be turned off by a LocalSettings.php
option, so I just did that... but anyway, now we have some tests for the
AuthDjango plugin.

Git repo for it:
https://github.com/openhatch/auth-django-mediawiki-test-cases

If there are ever further problems with the Django wiki authentication, we
can run this test suite to see if functionality that used to work has
become broken. Furthermore, we should add more probably add more tests to
the repo.

To use it, you want to create a config.ini as per the config.ini.EXAMPLE
that sits in the repo.

Arguably, we should rename it to openhatch-wiki-test-cases and add all
sorts of tests to this, even ones that don't rely on the AuthDjango
plugin. For example, we used to have problems with session data getting
lost; it'd be good to test that automatically. (I figure if that problem
comes up again, we can write those tests and add them to this repo.)

And in the future, I'd like to move this to Jenkins so that wiki auth can
be a tested part of the infrastructure.

But that's what I have for now for y'all!