[OH-Dev] Giving the "tar" mission more of a plot

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 18:37:27 UTC 2012

> "You have been nominated release manager for the project called helloproject.

Some people aren't going to know what a release manager is, or what
naming conventions are. These could be explained, but naming
conventions aren't very exciting to explain.

Maybe the fact that ghello-0.4 doesn't have particularly interesting
content is making it hard to come up with ideas. To brainstorm briefly
about a plot on sharing and changing content via tarballs, with
potentially totally different content from what we have now:

- You could be updating a tarball containing family tree information
because someone was born recently
- You could be adding content to a group project for school or work
- You could receive and send content to a pen pal (computer pal?) via tarball
- You could be a teacher grading homework that your students have
uploaded as tarballs

What do you think? Anyone have other brainstorming material?

-Jessica