[OH-Dev] [issue589] Bug import should use many HTTP connections in parallel, to increase performance

Jack Grigg me at jackgrigg.com
Wed Sep 14 20:01:30 UTC 2011

On 15/09/2011 7:53 AM, "Paul Tagliamonte" <paultag at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Asheesh Laroia <bugs at openhatch.org>
wrote:

> > New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:
> >
> > This month's goals include:
> >
> > "Bug importing actually, reliably, works. Goal: Fewer than 10% of bugs
are stale
> > (>3 days)."
> >
> > These patches make bug import work in parallel, which should
dramatically
> > increase the speed with which bug import works. I have tested it
locally.

> Howdy,
>
> Might need to be careful about rate limits for some external bug trackers
:)

Didn't we already have this? I'm pretty certain I put in configurable limits
for the number of connections opened to any particular tracker when I
rewrote the importer to use Twisted. In fact, I thought the parallel
fetching was already happening, so I'll have a look at the patches as well.

Cheers,
Jack