[OH-Dev] Request for testing: OpenHatch web app now requires no dependencies, just Python

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Nov 13 06:09:52 UTC 2011

It should be the case true that you can now run the OpenHatch site on any
platform: Windows, Mac OS, or Linux, for example. That should be the case
because we're now bundling all our pure-Python dependencies, and the
non-pure-Python ones are now optional.

This is pushed to origin/master. There is one test that still fails, in
the "account" module relating to geocoding, but other than that we
properly skip tests that

I would very much like it if someone could:

* Try doing a fresh "git clone" of the repository as per
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_the_OpenHatch_code and
reading README and following the directions on a Linuxy system

* Same as above, only on Windows, and just *ignore* the "apt-get" part of
the instructions

* Same as above, only on a Mac, and just *ignore* the "apt-get" part of
the instructions

If the site gets running, then do:

     python manage.py test

and see what output you get. All the tests that run should pass, except
for one in "account". I'll fix that tomorrow. Many (over 100) should be
skipped.

That's my report for the day!