[OH-Dev] ANNOUNCEMENT: OpenHatch coding+contribution party, Sun Nov 13, 5 PM - 9:30 PM, Clover HSQ

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Thu Nov 10 21:19:35 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Thu Nov 10 13:55:42 -0500 2011:
> Announcement
> ------------
>
> The first OpenHatch sprint will take place at Clover Harvard Square on
> Sunday, November 13, 2011.
>
> The goals of the event are to move the OpenHatch website code forward.
> That could mean simplifying it (like jslootbeek has been working on, using
> django-haystack more thoroughly), or making the new-contributor
> documentation better (which Deb has expressed interest in doing), or
> coding up missing bits of functionality, or making small but important
> fixes. It also includes checking in on other prospective contributors that
> might have fallen through the cracks.
>
> WHERE: Clover Harvard, http://www.yelp.com/biz/clover-food-lab-cambridge-2
>         7 Holyoke St, near Harvard on the Red Line
>
> WHEN:  Sun Nov 13, 5PM - 10:00 PM
>
> POWER: There are power sockets in the upstairs part of Clover. I will get
>         there 15ish min early to make sure things are looking good for
>         power.
>
> WIFI:  Harvard's wifi has a strong signal, in case you have access.
>
>         I will be providing a wifi network for attendees to use. It will
>         either be based on sharing Harvard's access or my phone 3G, either
>         of which are quite decent.
>
> WHO:   You, if you want to help contribute to the goals!

A brief addendum:

FOOD: The Python Software Foundation will be sponsoring food/snacks
      for attendees. I'll give you the details in person when you
      arrive. Feel free to arrive hungry.

      Yay pythonsprints.com!

PHOTOS: I will take some!

:D