[OH-Dev] Deprecating mysite.customs.bugtrackers (in favor of mysite.customs.bugimporters)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Nov 7 18:18:33 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As part of the mini reorganization and massive code understanding that I'm
doing in terms of the new bug tracker import code, I plan to deprecate
(and remove) this module:

mysite.customs.bugtrackers

It contains code from the old, synchronous bug importers, as well as some
helper code for the new synchronous ones.

Plan
----

* Near future: Move to using BugImporter classes and BugParser classes
within mysite/customs/bugimporters/ within oh-mainline

* After that: Move the bug import code out of "mysite" entirely

Why
---

The new code is fairly simple to explain.

* All code that makes requests to the network is in a subclass of
BugImporter

* Special code that adds information unique to a project's bug tracker --
which simply takes the downloaded bug information and enhances our
understanding of it -- lives in a subclass of BugParser

You can see an example of this in mysite/customs/bugimporters/bugzilla.py
and the KDE bug tracker special-case.

Ok?
---

I wanted to make sure to send this out so no one's confused. This means I
think we should remove mysite.customs.bugtrackers entirely within a month.

--  Asheesh.