[OH-Dev] Delaying OpenHatch 0.11.10 until November 6

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Nov 4 03:42:33 UTC 2011

Hey all,

October seems to have finished, and I haven't tagged+released OpenHatch
0.11.10 yet.

Here are the things I want to do before we declare 0.11.10 ready:

Bug import changes
------------------

I want to make sure that Jack's new, async-based bug import code (which
still lives in oh-mainline) can be used to import from bug trackers with
custom bug parse requirements, like the KDE Bugzilla.

If we use (and increase test coverage of) this new async framework, we get
to drop the old code, which pushes us toward the goal of bug import
stability as well as puts in a good position to ask people to use the
web-based bug tracker import tool.

I've made a lot of changes in this direction, and it should all be ready
within a day. I'm pushing to origin/master as I create pieces that seem
well-tested, so if you follow that you'll see the updates.

Front page

I/we need to provide solid commentary on Karen's redesign mockups. I
consider that a blocker.

Apologies and invitations

I was doing some traveling this week, and it took much more time away from
me than I planned. Sorry about that. That's why it's late.

But this leaves me with an invitation: if anyone wants to get anything in
for the 0.11.10 release, you have until the end of Sunday, November 6!