[OH-Dev] OpenHatch site redesign: progress report, demo site, and some mockups

Karen Rustad karen at openhatch.org
Tue Nov 1 18:26:09 UTC 2011

Ahoy Devellers!

So, as you may or may not have heard, Asheesh and I have been slowly
working on a redesign of OpenHatch's website over the last two weeks or so.
This redesign includes integration of some new functionality that we've
been planning for a while (the buildhelper, IWH handler, etc.), a sleeker
look and feel, and a very new front page layout.

It's going slowly but steadily -- harmonizing all of the OpenHatch tags and
templates so that they reuse UI elements in a sensical way, and documenting
the changes / new rules in our growing style guide:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Front-end_style_guide  We're definitely nowhere
near releasing the new design for this milestone, though maybe it'll be
ready by the next one!

You can see the changes we've made so far live at rose.makesad.us:9000. All
the new design stuff lives in the front_page_demo branch, if you want to
check out the code.

Additionally, here are some paper mockups of what some of the other
OpenHatch pages might look like:
http://littlegreenriver.com/stuffs/openhatch-mockups/

Feedback is highly welcome!

-- Karen