[Devel] Delaying this release, and refocusing a bit

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Mar 31 05:52:08 UTC 2011

Hey all,

We had this weekly meeting a few days ago. Here's the log link:
http://irclogs.jackgrigg.com/irc.freenode.net/openhatch/2011-03-26#i_2582031

Here are the big take-aways from the meeting:

* I think that buildout should work reliably now. If not, file a bug and
I'll fix it lickety-split.

* The projects page has an awesome banner image up-top:
http://openhatch.org/+projects/

* We're going to delay this month's release by 10 days.

Take a look at
https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue?status=-1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10&@sort=-activity&@search_text=&@columns=id,activity,title,creator,assignedto,status&@dispname=Milestone%200.11.03&@group=priority&milestone=0.11.03&@filter=status,milestone&@pagesize=50&@startwith=0
-- gosh, there's a lot left to do in the release. We could really use some
more hands!

The goal of the release is to make the site increasingly useful for
project maintainers who are trying to reach out to people who want to help
them.

There are quite a few people on this Devel list! So here are really good
things to fix:

Easy ones:

* Improve the text of our weekly emails:
https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue323

Hard-ish ones:

* Add Gravatar support to the site (we should probably talk about exactly
how you might want to go about this, but it'd be quite appreciated by
users) https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue71

* Javascript + CSS bug on the front page:
https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue336

If you're not sure how to proceed on any of these bugs, just ask for help
on the bug itself, or in #openhatch on irc.freenode.net -- I'm paulproteus
there.

Let's give this milestone another 10 days. And we need fresh people (and
also, I know that I've broken "buildout" this past weekend -- I think it's
fixed now!).

!,

October 12, the Discovery.

It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss
it.