[Devel] Git training missions

will kahn-greene willg at bluesock.org
Thu Mar 31 01:52:55 UTC 2011

I don't know how to easily do this with the git protocol, but it should
be really easy to do with the http protocol.  Scott's book talks about
implementing cloning over http (called the "dumb protocol") here:

http://progit.org/book/ch9-6.html

I know this because I implemented support for cloning over http for
wsgit.  It's the last three routes in:

http://gitorious.org/wsgit/wsgit/blobs/master/wsgit/routing.py

and the last three view functions in:

http://gitorious.org/wsgit/wsgit/blobs/master/wsgit/views.py

I suggest doing that instead of the git protocol.  Given that the
repository you're probably cloning is small and trivial, using the http
(dumb) protocol should work fine.

Feel free to ping me if you have problems.  I'm willkg on #openhatch.

/will