[Devel] I created a new list: "Publicity"

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Jun 14 22:45:58 UTC 2011

Hello all OpenHatch devel folks,

Jessica and I have been chatting here in Boston about how we could do more
to help people know about what OpenHatch is up to. I've been dreaming
about an "Outreach team", and then Jessica and I sat down to coffee and
wrote up some thoughts.

We feel the world needs to know about the broad OpenHatch mission to bring
new people into free software and programming communities.

If you want to help spread the word, we want you to join the publicity
list. To do that,

* Sign up
* Say "hello" to the list by emailing publicity at lists.openhatch.org

Some people on this Devel list already have lots of expertise in pushing
OpenHatch into the limelight. I want to particularly thank Mark Freeman
for getting us our first Slashdotting, back in March 2010! Many of you are
better at communicating with people than I am. (-:

I think that "publicity"-related tasks will take a lot of forms:

* Deciding how to change the website in ways that make our mission easier
to find

* Helping get the word out re: events: http://openhatch.org/wiki/Events

* Talking with more project maintainers to figure out how the site can be
more useful

* Planning talks at conferences where *you all* can speak about cool
OpenHatchy things

* Handing out access to our Identi.ca + Facebook + Twitter pages so that
y'all who are enthusiastic about that can converse with OpenHatch fans
there

We'll keep talking software development on Devel. And our work isn't done.
But we also need more of the world to know about us.

Here's that link again! Sign up.

As to the Adjective: when in doubt, strike it out.