[Devel] [issue448] Forum needed for open hatch to make the site more friendly and address the problems faced by new comers.

kracekumar bugs at openhatch.org
Wed Jun 8 18:50:08 UTC 2011

New submission from kracekumar <kracethekingmaker at gmail.com>:

Most people come and register in the site and very few end up contributing and
for others it just an another site.Why most people don't contribute
1.They don't exactly know what to do .
2.They are stuck up in the middle.
3.No reason to come back to site again.

Solutions:
 Most people after registering join #openhatch say I am newbie please help and
etc.Best option for openhatch admin is add few links in openhatch page how to do
stuff.And wiki is also available.If people share what are their problems it will
easy for others to help them.Main problem in IRC is time lag.All the time it is
not possible for admins to address same the issue again and again,in case of
forum user can search through the forum and in case same problem is being
addressed already ,they can move to next level.If I am stuck some where like
installing openhatch I can pastebin my stacktrace and ask help rather sending
email.In case of open source django forum I found this one good http://www.osqa.net/

messages: 2060
nosy: kracekumar, paulproteus
priority: feature
status: need-review
title: Forum needed for open hatch to make the site more friendly and address the problems faced by new comers.