[Devel] someone (or something) editing the wiki pages

Egor Ryabkov egor.ryabkov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 00:27:35 UTC 2011

> I will have more+better advice in the future, > but that should last you
for now. Others may > also have more+better advice.

Wiki is overrun with spam at the moment [1], and it makes no sense to start
cleaning this up before we block them.
The first solution would be to allow only registered users to edit pages; or
at least add captcha when editing pages while logged off.

I didn't work with MediaWiki administration yet, but was always curious (I
love wikis in general), so I could look into this if I have admin rights.

[1]: http://openhatch.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

Best regards,
Egor.