[Devel] Decision on the forums

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Jul 1 05:29:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, kracekumar ramaraju wrote:

> Hello
> You should look into this discussion,
> http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/i-need-to-know-advantagesdisadvantages-of-vanilla-and-bbpress
> .

Hi Kracekumar,

Sorry I didn't get back to you in good time!

> I know I am speaking something at end,I got an idea,instead of adding a
> forum,why don't we use project management s/w or ticket management
> system,might be foolish,why I say this is
> 1.You can reply to question via Email.
> 2.It supports the forum style too.

So far, the reason I like Vanilla so much is that using Vanilla seems to
be correlated with people actually using the forum for discussion. That
is: the software seems to work at building community.

Ticket management or project management software is frequently less good
at this. I do think that for bugs, we should stick to using Roundup at
https://openhatch.org/bugs/.

I hope that makes sense! Maybe also if we find this isn't working during
July, we can consider switching (or otherwise improving things) during
August.