[Devel] Today's meeting

Jack Grigg me at jackgrigg.com
Sun Jan 30 05:24:03 UTC 2011

Hello all,

It's the end of January, so today's meeting was all about getting the
0.11.01 milestone ready. For those of you who were unable to attend,
here is a link to the start of the meeting logs:

http://irclogs.jackgrigg.com/irc.freenode.net/openhatch/2011-01-29#i_2523273

And the highlights:

    * We spent a lot of time discussing the Atom feed of users'
      recommended bugs that I am implementing, or rather, the problems
      we have with the website slowing down due to these recommendations
      being generated. At present, it seems that instead of determining
      and then caching these when a user loads their homepage, we will
      have a background process that wakes up whenever a recalculation
      of the recommendations is needed.
    * Karen (mllerustad) has several issues assigned to her; we are
      leaving her to decide which ones she is able to get done before
      the 31st. Likewise with Will's (willkg) license headers in
      templates etc.
    * https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue124 was picked out as an issue
      that would be pretty useful to get done for 0.11.01 (enabling the
      state of the Tar mission to be reset), but that we may have to
      push out to 0.11.02 if we have to. If anyone wants to have a crack
      at it, feel free!
    * https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue211 (Document creating new
      missions) has been pushed out to 0.11.02 as it requires some
      discussion and thought which there is sadly no time for this
      month. There is a poll at http://www.doodle.com/bmr63yd28a47s98u
      to decide a meeting time for hashing out the document, so anyone
      who is keen on getting involved should head  on over and pick
      time(s) when they are free.

Aaand that's about it. Expect to see some form of post from Asheesh
about this milestone, and bring on 0.11.02!

Cheers,
Jack