[Devel] Conversation about monitoring, today 8:30 PM US/Eastern

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Jan 10 22:55:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Karen Rustad wrote:

> I may not be able to make the meeting (unsure of my schedule), so I
> wanted to add one thing:
>
> It's not enough to know that the site is down the instant it explodes.
> (As is, it seems that *someone* always notices fairly quickly.) The more
> crucial discussion IMHO is how we make the site reappear promptly.
> Whether that's by expanding access to the box to more people or
> handcuffing Asheesh to his computer, I do not know. :)

Yeah, that's a good point.

*gulp*

I'm a bit afraid of that conversation, because I'm hesitant to give other
people shell access to that machine. If I do, they get read and
write access to the full OpenHatch database.

Maybe the problem is that that's the case...? But that's where my mind
goes.

You're being followed.  Cut out the hanky-panky for a few days.