[OH-Dev] [issue545] Improve the level of hints

margamanterola bugs at openhatch.org
Wed Aug 17 14:21:19 UTC 2011

New submission from margamanterola <margamanterola at gmail.com>:

My comments are based on the "tar" mission, I'm not sure how the rest are
structured, but I suspect they are similar.

The introduction to the subject is pretty short, and the person that has to
complete the mission is going to be quite lost without the "hints".  The "hints"
on the other hand, are so straight forward that they don't allow much thought
and processing, they just have to type a command and see what it does.

>From my point of view, it'd be better to allow another level of hints, with a
couple of links to follow, or suggested google searches that will turn up the
correct results.

Another possibility would be to include this information as an additional page,
as already suggested in http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue535, however, I do think
that it is educational for people to have to find the info and process it by
themselves, just that maybe they need a bit more orientation about how to find it.

PS: Thanks for such an awesome idea turned into reality!

messages: 2316
nosy: margamanterola, paulproteus
priority: wish
status: unread