[Devel] [issue396] we need an irc training mission!

spang bugs at openhatch.org
Sun Apr 17 19:54:44 UTC 2011

New submission from spang <spang at mit.edu>:

It would be so awesome to be able to link to an OpenHatch tutorial/training mission
for IRC from my project's "contact" page with our IRC details! Some notes from IRC:

15:44 < paulproteus> Gosh I really really would love an IRC training mission.
15:45 < paulproteus> You'd learn about /me and highlighting people and it'd be so
cool.
15:45 < christine> paulproteus: yeah, that would rock!
15:45 < paulproteus> Maybe we could teach you DCC and !list
15:45  * paulproteus chuckles.

There are various IRC tutorials around the web, but I think we should start with
something simple, ignoring having a permanent IRC session (that could be an IRC
level 2 mission) and just getting online and joining a channel via a graphical
client like xchat.

messages: 1586
nosy: paulproteus, spang
priority: wish