[Devel] Upgrading to Django 1.2 -- help us fix the tests, and push this out

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Mon Sep 27 16:02:50 UTC 2010

Hey all,

Do you want to help OpenHatch run the latest and greatest Django code? This
should speed up the test suite and bring us a whole bunch of other improvements.

Here's what you need to know:

$ git fetch # refresh your local repository
$ git checkout origin/django12 -b django12 # get my django12 branch
$ ./bin/buildout # refresh your local dependencies

Then you'll have the Django 1.2-based OpenHatch. I'm looking forward to deploying it!
Except some of the tests don't pass. See:

$ ./bin/mysite test

There are some failures! But I think there are zero failures on Django 1.1, so that means
the Django 1.2 upgrade is related.

Can you help us find out why, and write patches that fix them? Maybe the tests should
be disabled, or maybe Django 1.2 broke something we need for the website, and the test
suite properly caught the problem!

Your step will soil many countries.