[Devel] Transparency, and other bugs

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Wed Sep 15 20:23:33 UTC 2010

Dear OpenHatch lovely devel people,

Let's have a push over the next week for bugs that make OpenHatch
harder to develop or work on.

I see there being a few categories:

* The build system (which trips up nearly everyone)

* The documentation (are parts of the code confusing and need docs?)
  (Could the website better-explain something? Is README.mkd out of date?)

* The *pointers* to the documentation -- does the website need some changes
  to help people find what is there?

* Code or system improvements that would improve transparency.

This last one I find most exciting, and I made a bug tracker category for it.

https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue?%40search_text=&title=&%40columns=title&keyword=8&id=&%40columns=id&creation=&creator=&activity=&%40columns=activity&%40sort=activity&actor=&priority=&%40group=priority&status=&%40columns=status&assignedto=&%40columns=assignedto&%40pagesize=50&%40startwith=0&%40queryname=&%40old-queryname=&%40action=search

Right now, there's just one bug there. What other things can we change so it's
easier

File a bug, and mark "paulproteus" as nosy: https://openhatch.org/bugs/

Let me repeat that:

FILE A BUG!!!!

That's the only way I'll remember to notice and prioritize it.

(Jack, that means you should file a bug for public crawl logs.)

I think we can do a really good push to identify and resolve the most important
issues in this space within the next week -- by Wed, September 22. And then
when we collaborate, it can be easier. (-:

(As always, submit patches for other things anytime too. And you can always find
me and, like, dozens of people on #openhatch on irc.freenode.net.)

Yours truly,

Expect the worst, it's the least you can do.