[Devel] I will be offline this weekend -- at gsoc mentors summit

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Sat Oct 23 06:44:41 UTC 2010

Hey everyone,

I will be offline this weekend, meaning out of IRC, because I will be at the
Summer of Code mentors summit in Mountain View, CA. I will be reading
email (though slowly)!

I have been working on a branch of the profile import code that is
event-driven, unlike the code we have now. If we can switch our networking code
to an event-driven model, we can use Twisted to get the pages and dramatically
increase the reliability of the profile importer. Which would be awesome, and
hopefully bring the uncompleted DIAs to an end. The branch is "half" finished
and on my laptop, and I will try to push the branch somehwere during the
weekend.

It's been an interesting, successful challenge to rework our import code this
way, so some of you might feel like picking up where I've left off. If not,
I'll get back on it early next week.