[Devel] Just moved the git repository to Gitorious

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Mon Nov 1 17:06:30 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

For the past year or so, we had been hosting the git repository for OpenHatch
on our own server, which you might have used as "code.openhatch.org".

Lately I'm trying to make it simpler for me to maintain the OpenHatch service at
openhatch.org, so I moved the git repository to Gitorious. The less stuff I
run myself on the openhatch.org server, the more time I can spend doing things other
than system administration.

I chose Gitorious because it offers free-of-cost Git hosting, has a reasonably
nice interface, and is free software licensed under the AGPLv3.

If you already have a git clone of the OpenHatch repository, you can run these
commands to switch to the Gitorious one:

$ git remote rm origin
$ git remote add origin git://gitorious.org/openhatch/oh-mainline.git

That should be all you need to do.

Nice features
-------------

Gitorious provides some nice features:

1. You can browse the contents of the repository at http://gitorious.org/openhatch/oh-mainline/trees/master

2. You can create your own "forks" of OpenHatch's code, and if you want me to review particular
   commits/patches, you can point to them in Gitorious web interface.

Following up

In a day or two, I'll stop running the git service on code.openhatch.org.

Find me on #openhatch (or reply to this) if you have any questions!

Soap and education are not as sudden as a massacre, but they are more
deadly in the long run.
		-- Mark Twain