[Devel] OpenHatch asks, "What are you avoiding working on?"

Raphael Krut-Landau raphael.kl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:47:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at openhatch.org> wrote:
> (Context: I asked Kartik what he thought about posting our "What are you
> avoiding working on?" blog post to news.ycombinator.com AKA "Hacker News")
>
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Kartik Agaram wrote:
>
>> I wonder if you could design a signup page *just* for that use case. I am
>> thinking a link that asks people a question just like twitter. When they hit
>> submit it pops up a box to create an account. It might be a way to get a few
>> users out of this essay. The directions you currently give would be useless
>> to most HN users - they just won't follow a 3-step process that involves
>> signing up as the first step.

Kartik,

We've flipped things around so you log in *after* you answer
questions, not before. What think you?
<https://openhatch.org/+projects/>.

 It ends up being three-ish steps:
(1) find or create your project,
(2) reply to a question,
(3) log into your OpenID account

Raffi

--
Raphael Krut-Landau
Undersecretary for Whitespace / OpenHatch