[Devel] TGIZ!

Raphael Krut-Landau raphael at openhatch.org
Fri Oct 23 04:15:44 UTC 2009

Ziegs,

Hope your week went well and your trip to Long Island was easy. Birthday
wishes to little Ziegs!

For Friday morning-- here's a list of what we'd like for you to work on.

- Tell us what you think of the new portfolio editor. It's in
origin/portfolio_editor_take_2
- The importer is now just a component of the portfolio editor. As you can
see it's pretty lame right now.
- We'd like you to design the importer. Namely:
   - Make it look distinctive.
   - Style all the little bits: the help text, the fields, the submit
button.
   - Add progress bars indicating the status of our various attempts to
import data.

       text field              progress bar

       committer_identifier    +------------->--------+
                                    ^---one dia completed
                                       ^---two dias
                                                    ^--all dias
- In the portfolio editor, see those textareas labelled 'Project
description' and 'Describe your involvement'? What if they worked like this:
   Resting state: Just a paragraph of text. Pretty self explanatory. No
field name needed. A little pencil icon.
   Click the pencil to edit. The field name pops up ("Project description"
or "Describe your involvement") to tell you what you're doing--helpful in
case you delete all the text.
   Onblur, save the text. It becomes a paragraph of text again, and the
field name disappears.

Up to it?

Warm wishes from South'n climes,

--Raffi and Asheesh.