[Devel] i'm home!

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Tue Dec 15 18:44:51 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Parker's message of Mon Dec 14 09:15:14 +0000 2009:
> after some wrestling with python versions and eggs and mysql user
> permissions (oh my!) i was able to successfully run the server.  syncdb told
> me, as predicted, that i ought to migrate.  so i did, but that gave me some
> errors.  i've pastebined the output of migrate:
> http://pastebin.com/m5eddfd0d

Let me see if I can reproduce this and fix it.

> the README says that South should have given me a MySQL script when it
> failed.  i don't think it did.

In this case, it did

> i ran the test suite anyway.  it gave some errors.  at least some of them
> appear to not be related to the missing db stuff.  but i can't be sure.

The test suite doesn't use the MySQL database that the migrations use --
it uses its own. So any failures there actually are real bugs.

You will be aided greatly by a person whom you thought to be unimportant.