[Devel] Moving the site to https (I just did it, but, um, should we really keep it this way?)

Raphael Krut-Landau raphael at openhatch.org
Thu Dec 3 06:01:59 UTC 2009

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but is there any upshot for
PageRank? For instance: Will Google think that inbound links to
http://openhatch.org count less because of the redirect, or something
like that?

Also, is https measurably slower by any chance? (I'm recalling stats
about how milliseconds' difference in page load time can  make all the
difference to click through rates.)

Thanks for the detailed report!

--Raffi