[Ccsf-campus-staff] Open Source comes to CCSF

tbrother tbrother at mail.ccsf.edu
Wed Sep 3 04:47:16 UTC 2014

Good Afternoon CNIT Teachers,

I am a current student and member of the Coders Club here at CCSF. I would
like to invite you and your students to an event that the Coders Club is
hosting!

For the third semester in a row, The Coders Club will be hosting an event
called "Open Source comes to CCSF" on September 13th on the Ocean Campus in
MUB 140, 9am - 6pm. "Open Source" means software which original source code
is made freely available to the public, for anyone to contribute to. The
idea of this event is for students to spend the day learning real world
programming skills from local open source contributors and maybe even
contribute their own code to open source projects. We plan to have
programming workshops, a career panel, and free breakfast and lunch!

Any level of student is encouraged to come. The workshops are aimed at
students just entering the field of programming, and the benefits of
getting to meet local contributors will outlast a students time here at
CCSF.

If you think you and/or your students would be interested in this type of
event, please invite them to find out more and register at this website we
put together specifically for this event: http://ccsf.openhatch.org/.

If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this email or
call me at the number below.

Sincerely,

Tyler Brothers

925-998-9956