[Ccsf-campus-staff] how did the event go?

Maria Pacana maria.pacana at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 23:56:31 UTC 2014

> Do you know if the open source communication tools preceded the git
> activity?  It covers an intro to version control/the difference between
> github and git and users and repos, etc.  In retrospect, we should put that
> info into the git activity, not the end of the preceding activity, to make
> sure it doesn't get skipped.

We covered open source communication tools before Git, but I didn't
strictly follow the curriculum, so I didn't end up talking about git. I
covered wikis, IRC, the issue tracker, and the mailing list. Basically I
was trying to strike a balance between the OpenHatch curriculum and sharing
my experiences as a first-time open source contributor.