[Ccsf-campus-staff] Fwd: Help! obsproject.org for Linux question

Katherine Moloney kmoloney at mail.ccsf.edu
Sat Mar 22 02:18:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

Looking for screen-capture software for Linux, since OBS isn't what I
thought it was.
Ideally, the software would be able to work like the other tools:

   for Macs:  http://acomp.stanford.edu/tutorials/screen_recordings
   for PCs:    http://obsproject.com

...capturing the audio with the video screen-capture directly into a file
format supported by
YouTube<https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?hl=en>
(usually
MP4).  As an interim solution, I've got a separate audio recorder, so we
temporarily could use screen-capture software without sound.  We're just
trying to find a dead simple solution for future low-tech users, something
that produces a file that doesn't have to be edited beyond snipping the
beginning & end points.

Any leads would be great.

Katherine