[Ccsf-campus-staff] Open Source comes to City College of San Francisco

tbrother tbrother at mail.ccsf.edu
Thu Aug 28 22:17:28 UTC 2014

Hey Brian,

We have met a few times before - at Atlassian playing Android:Netrunner and
at the Post Mortem you host at your office.

Im contacting you today to see if you would be interested/available in an
event I and the Coders Club at CCSF are hosting. The event is called Open
Source comes to CCSF and the goal is to try and gather students and open
source contributors into a room and have the contributors teach students
how to contribute!

Would you be interested/available to join us as a mentor?  Or are there
other in your community who you would recommend we ask?  (Feel free to
forward this email along to whomever.)

A variety of backgrounds would be welcome: from those who have tons of
experience setting up development environments & using version control to
those who are newer contributors who know a bit about picking bugs and
submitting patches to those who have been involved as non-programmers (U/I,
documentation, etc).

While ideally I'd love to find folks who can come for the full day on
September 13th (breakfast & lunch provided, plus a super appreciative bunch
of students), but part day is fine too.

Sincerely,

Tyler Brothers

tel: 925-998-9956