[Ccsf-campus-staff] CCSF OSCTC Status Update

Katherine Moloney kmoloney at mail.ccsf.edu
Thu Aug 28 17:28:29 UTC 2014

Hello,

The big issue in front of us is that we had *NO* confirmed mentors, and
especially no prospects who have participated in an OpenHatch OSCTC
workshop before.  This is the urgency.

Related to this, I will not be attending this workshop (nor Maribel) as we
are planning & attending this one, which was scheduled before this one:

    http://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Code-SF/events/195850762/

...in fact, I haven't been working on this Women Who Code workshop at all
as I've been working on this one.  I need to turn my attention to working
on that workshop as I am the only organizer, and if I don't get it going
(especially confirm mentors), it won't happen properly.

The CCSF workshop is in a good shape, but needs to:

    + recruit mentors
> related: haven't heard back from Asheesh, so I assume he is unavailable
to mentor at this workshop --> Shauna, could you find this out?

    + find & link to written step-by-step Communication Tools curriculum
for the students to follow along with the day of the workshop --> without
written step-by-step curriculum, the students quickly fall behind & the
mentors have a hard time catching them up, and even knowing where everyone
should be  --> plus we'll need to share this with the mentor who will be
leading the session

    + if you read the git curriculum --
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Practicing_Git/Students#Visiting_the_project_on_the_web
-- you'll see that a repo needs to be created --> find the starter repo &
make a ccsf version

Later, we'll get into making an appointment with Jill Kersey of Media
Services to learn about the AV of the room & ordering food (I say a mix of
stuff you buy at the grocery store, coffee from either Starbucks or Peets
or the Chasing Lions cafe if they'll be open, bagels from Noah's; lunch
from Palmyra SF), making sure someone takes pictures at the event (I'm so
sad we didn't take pictures at the Peer Advising sessions, they were
awesome).

Katherine