[Ccsf-campus-staff] next steps for the event in September

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 00:03:10 UTC 2014

Really quick answers:

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Katherine Moloney <kmoloney at mail.ccsf.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Shauna,
>
> We'll try to get to the curriculum & website this weekend, so we can get
> that all set before you're away.  [Where are you off to?]  But also
> wondering if you'll be able to push changes (or if Asheesh or someone else
> can push changes) to the live site while you're away?

I am headed to Ireland and Estonia!  Super excited about it.

The way the publicity website works, whoever makes it should have push
access to it.  They can/should also add myself, Asheesh, and anyone else
who is helping organize in case someone needs to make a quick update to the
site.

> Things will really pick up once the Fall semester starts on 8/18.
>  Probably the main push of registration will be the end of August once
> everyone sorts into classes, which means we will have a percentage of
> attendees who are only 1 month into their very first programming class.
>
> *** Note to future organizers of the Open Source Comes To Campus at City
> College: while I like doing this workshop every semester, if you had to
> pick either Fall or Spring semester, Spring would be better since you have
> fewer students starting their very first programming class then. ***
>
> As for the advanced students, we did plan to have them working on an
> all-day contribution workshop.  I think we might formally ask them to take
> a break after lunch, and help/pair with the beginners for the first hour
> after lunch (to beef up the mentors when the beginners get started on their
> contributions).
>
> Finally, I've shared our organizing Google Drive folder:
>

> https://drive.google.com/a/mail.ccsf.edu/folderview?id=0B1YlN3mu5OJbNGVQdjZHQU5FTFU&usp=sharing
>
> ...with Jennie Rose.

This all sounds great.  :)