[Ccsf-campus-staff] how did the event go?

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 17:07:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Maria Pacana <maria.pacana at gmail.com>wrote:

> Do you know if the open source communication tools preceded the git
>> activity?  It covers an intro to version control/the difference between
>> github and git and users and repos, etc.  In retrospect, we should put that
>> info into the git activity, not the end of the preceding activity, to make
>> sure it doesn't get skipped.
>>
> We covered open source communication tools before Git, but I didn't
> strictly follow the curriculum, so I didn't end up talking about git. I
> covered wikis, IRC, the issue tracker, and the mailing list. Basically I
> was trying to strike a balance between the OpenHatch curriculum and sharing
> my experiences as a first-time open source contributor.

That makes a ton of sense.  I think we should probably shift our content
around so that the "conceptual intro" to the git activity isn't part of the
preceding activity.

Did you use any of the activities in our curriculum (for instance, getting
students onto IRC, the bug comprehension exercise)?

If there's anything new you did that you think went over well I'd love to
hear about it.  :)