[Campus-uw-staff] website now up & funding

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 14:20:41 UTC 2014

It usually costs about $6-7 per person if you provide cheaper food (pizza,
etc) and more like $11-12 for something like salads or sandwiches.  A
typical event is 35ish people, although the selected room fits up to 70 and
I believe we could get that many people at UW.  So: pizza + normal size
event (lower bound) would be $210, better food + big event (upper bound)
would be $840.  Pizza + big would be $450ish.

We may need up to $100 to cover travel reimbursements although I'm pretty
confident we can get mentors just from UW itself and Seattle.

Ben, I'd suggest adding a sign-up sheet for mentors too on the page.  We
can probably find enough mentors through networking but there's usually one
or two people we find through the publicity website and it's cool to meet
new people.