[Campus-uw-staff] countdown to the workshop

Benj. Mako Hill makohill at uw.edu
Thu Nov 13 04:22:10 UTC 2014

<quote who="Shauna Gordon-McKeon" date="Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 04:42:43PM -0500">
> We're still in the high 40s, so I sent out some more emails.

You're trying to get 60 /students/? The room we have is really going
to be pretty much full with 60 people or so. If we have 60 people and
10-15 mentors, we're going to be quite full.

It's not a huge problem in that the room is rearrangable and we can
bring in more chairs if need be but it will be tight with 75. Also, we
have many spillover rooms if we need be.

There's a lecture hall next door that seats 95 but it's fixed chairs
and the layout is not so great for mentor access.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
http://mako.cc/academic/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto