[Campus-uw-staff] introductions & beginning to plan

Benj. Mako Hill makohill at uw.edu
Thu Jul 31 14:52:38 UTC 2014

<quote who="Shauna Gordon-McKeon" date="Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 05:38:28PM -0400">
> It doesn't seem like anyone has a problem with either of the
> November dates, so whether we go with the Saturday or Sunday will
> probably depend on which room we can get.  Mako, can we use the
> room(s) that you used for the Community Data Science Workshop?

For CDSW we used four rooms: A lecture hall that sits ~75, and three
different seminar style classrooms that fit around 20-35. We also have
access to 2 computer labs with computers that sit 20-30 (IIRC)
machines. I'm not sure about installing software but if we wanted to
rock live CDs, I can't imagine that would be a problem. The computer
labs and one ~20 person classroom are the best set up with power on at
all the tables and such but for CDSW I borrowed tons of extensions
cords from the IT/facilities folks and we made it work.

In my limited experience is is no problem to get rooms in the
Communications building on weekends. If we nail down a specific day, I
can check specific availability.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
http://mako.cc/academic/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto