[Campus-uvic-staff] thanks & request for feedback

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 01:37:57 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your hard work on Saturday, and leading up to
it!  Your effort is very much appreciated by OpenHatch, and I imagine by
the students who attended as well.  :)

It seemed to me like the event went well, but of course I'm at a distance
so it's difficult for me to know what worked, what didn't, what needs
improvement, etc from a distance.

If you've got the time and energy over the next week or so to give me some
feedback, I'd very much appreciate it.  Email, IRC, hangout, phone call -
whatever medium works for you.

My general questions are:

* What elements of the event worked well, and which didn't work well?

* What more could I/OpenHatch have done to support you?

* Did students seem excited about particular things which might guide how
we follow up with them?  (For instance, sometimes folks get excited about
applying to GSoC or OPW, or sometimes they want to form an open source
club, or sometimes they're excited about contributing to specific
projects.)  Do you have any recommendations for how we can continue to
engage them?

And of course, please contact me with any questions, requests, etc.

best,
Shauna