[Campus-uofa-staff] getting mentors for the event

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 18:58:31 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

No one's been in touch with me about mentors or the curriculum for next
weekend's event.  It's very important that someone take this role on!

We need to:
A) Identify 2-5 more mentors for the event.
B) Figure out who knows what, so we can assign different people to lead
different parts of the event.
C) Make sure that mentors feel comfortable/trained to do what they've been
assigned.

We can help with A from afar, but using your social networks may be more
effective in finding open source enthusiasts on campus.

As far as B goes: all potential mentors (including you Kate, Shane,
Zuoming!) should fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VD-eru91zNZLYrd-RCEyJmJR9s2HK4ORMvb-62XRspk/edit

Once we know who'll be mentoring, I can help with C.  I'm happy to provide
explanations/training/resources to as many people as need it, but we need
to identify the need first.

With only a week left, it's important we get to this quickly.

best
Shauna