[Campus-rutgers-staff] staff headcount (please read and respond)

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 01:31:41 UTC 2013

Awesome, thanks Prachi.  I'm copy/pasting a description of the Practicing
Git project that you'll be leading a small group of people in:

   -

   Practicing Git mentors:  Practicing Git is a hands-on exercise we have
   students do in small groups, led by a mentor who feels comfortable with
   git/github.  The project consists of taking a website and editing it
   according to a set of issues listed in the project’s bug
tracker<https://github.com/morris-2/morris-2.github.io/issues?state=closed>.
    Before the event we will create some toy
organizations<https://github.com/morris-2>with the project
   repository <https://github.com/morris-2/morris-2.github.io> and give you
   administrative access, so you can walk students through the process of
   improving the webpage and seeing their changes
made<http://morris-2.github.io/>.
    (Those links are all to an example from a recent event.)  You can see the
   outline of the project here, in the student handout
(wiki-version)<https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Practicing_Git/Students>.
    There’s also a guide for
mentors.<https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Practicing_Git/Instructors>
If you can skim through all of this before the event and let me know
if
   you have any questions, that would be great.