[Campus-rutgers-staff] Publicity

Prachi Pendse prachirp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 02:11:47 UTC 2013

Hi All!

I just made a flyer for the event. Take a look and let me know what you
think.

Thank you Shauna for the publicity mails. I added the dcs-grad mailing
list, so I will send them mail about the event tonight. I don't actually
know what the undergrad mailing lists are, perhaps Elana, Billy, or Joshua
can help in this matter?

Since there is over a week between HackRU and OpenSource101, I think we
should be safe from burnout. Since USACS is organizing the hackathon, I'm
actually hoping for some help from Billy and Joshua in advertising the open
source event at the hackathon. That's one of the things we'll discuss in
person tomorrow (or I will talk to HackRU staff on Saturday and Sunday
since I plan to go).

*Sri:* We will need about 8 power strips. It would be great if you could
check with google tech about this!

*Shauna & Asheesh:* I'm not sure about any Vietnamese sandwich places in
Piscataway, but if we find a non-pizza place, I am willing to volunteer to
pick it up from the restaurant beforehand/help coordinate bringing it to
the event. I'll also be able to pick up snacks beforehand

Right now, could you all look over the flyer and let me know if there are
any changes needed? I'm not sure if github is a sponsor, should I add their
logo just in case? (Google's logo will be larger of course.) I'll print
them out tomorrow so we can use them for adverts.

-Prachi