[Campus-princeton-staff] IMPORTANT: Mentoring information

Justin Lin jlin at justinlin.net
Fri Nov 21 12:49:11 UTC 2014

A bit late, but I can help with contributing to the Chromium (aka Chrome)
project.

Language: C++
Mentors: #chromium on freenode, the chromium-dev
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/chromium-dev>
issues are at https://bugs.webkit.org/.

Like Firefox, there's a good number of prerequisites to do that can be
found here <https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxBuildInstructions>.
It probably takes something like 10 hours to checkout and build on a laptop
the first time though.

It also might be worth mentioning that Two Sigma has an open source project
called beaker: http://beakernotebook.com/. It's a pretty cool polyglot
scientist's notebook. Source code and issue tracking:
https://github.com/twosigma/beaker-notebook. Although I think those of us
coming have limited direct experience with contributing to beaker, we can
certainly help with setting up and basic issues. However, we can put
students in touch with the right people if anybody ends up interested in
seriously contributing to the project after the event.

Thanks,
Justin

Justin Lin