[Campus-princeton-staff] IMPORTANT: Mentoring information

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:08:42 UTC 2014

If anyone would like to help students contribute to a project but doesn't
have one in mind, I'd love to partner with an in-person mentor to help
students contribute to my WelcomeBot project.  I've found it's a great
project for students because it's pretty small and self-contained, and very
easy to set up.  You can see more here:

https://github.com/shaunagm/WelcomeBot
https://github.com/shaunagm/WelcomeBot/labels/first%20task

The project is in Python, but anyone can help with this, since a) it's easy
to get started with and b) the main thing I need in a helper is someone to
notice when students are getting stuck, talking them through how to ask for
help, and just generally being around to advise.