[Campus-princeton-staff] who is the note & picture taker?

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 22:56:25 UTC 2013

Hi Dorothy,

Great!  So if you haven't seen it already,
https://openhatch.org/wiki/OSCTC_logistics#During_Event (under "Recording
the Event") covers the basics.

re: attendance, a simple pen-and-paper sign up sheet that people are
reminded to use repeatedly is probably all you need.

re: taking pictures - do you have a nice camera you can use?  As it says at
the link, we encourage you to say at the beginning that you'll be taking
pictures and to let people know that they can opt out.  You can see some
photos we've taken of past events here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulproteus/sets/  Those photos were the
decent ones of about twice as many photos taken.  You don't have to take as
many pictures as we do, but we encourage it!

re: taking notes - the two main things I look for, when writing down notes,
are:
    - Questions students ask.
    - Problems people encounter.

This helps us know what people are interested in learning, and what
barriers they're facing, so it's very useful info for us to have.  That
said, feel free to write down whatever you find interesting.  :)

Let me know if you have any questions!

- Shauna