[Campus-princeton-staff] Career panel

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 04:43:20 UTC 2013

You can find a very brief overview of the career panel here:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/OSCTC_Resources#Career_Panel

Basically, you need to decide if you want to do a panel with all in-person
people, a panel with all remote people, or a mix of the two.  If you want
some or all remote, you'll need to figure out how that will work
technically.  (Google hangouts have been fine for us in the past.)

Regardless, you'll want to pick + ask specific people, and you'll want to
come up with questions ahead of time.  There are a bunch of sample
questions at the link above.  So really the main thing is picking + asking
people.  I can help you with that, but I'll need to know if you want all
local/all remote/all mixed, and also more info about the mentors you guys
found, since I don't know whether they could be on the career panel.  I
recommend doing in person if you have the ability, since that gives more
opportunity for connection between in-person mentors and students.

Volunteer mentors should be on campus-princeton-staff by now.  Can you add
everyone with a "Yes" under "Confirmed?" in the mentor spreadsheet?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHP1ey91UqPdFNlZS1kSFhWTl84ME1fZG9ZWERsZ3c&usp=drive_web#gid=0