[Campus-princeton-staff] Send publicity email to your residential college listserv!

Lisha Ruan lruan at princeton.edu
Tue Nov 19 05:42:25 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

This is really quick and easy. If your residential college isn't Rocky or
Whitman, please send out the following publicity email (just put your
college name in the greeting) to your residential college listserv. Then
reply to let us know that your college is covered.

Thanks,
Lisha

--- TEMPLATE EMAIL ---

Hi [RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE NAME],

See the announcement below!

[image: Inline image 2]

On Sunday 11/24, OpenHatch and Open Source at Princeton are hosting a
day-long open source software immersion event.  We invite you to join us!
 You can sign up here <http://princeton.openhatch.org/> by Wednesday 11/20.

You don’t need to be a programmer to contribute to open source, or to
attend and enjoy our event.  Most open source projects are also in need of
designers, translators, documenters, bug-finders and testers.

Open source software -- software that is shared freely and available to
build upon -- has become part of our daily lives.  Popular projects like
WordPress, Firefox, Adium, and Ubuntu have millions of users. You can learn
more about these projects, and start helping out with them, at our event.

In the morning, open source contributors from various projects will teach
you about open source licensing, collaboration tools, and how free software
projects are organized. In the afternoon, they'll help you make hands-on
contributions to open source projects. And throughout the day, they'll feed
you, get to know you, and talk with you about opportunities for students in
open source.

Open source participation is one way to gain real-world skills and make
connections that will last you through your career. Volunteer staff will
include professionals and academics who use open source daily.

The event is open to all students. Learn more, and sign up, here:
http://princeton.openhatch.org/