[Campus-portland-staff] Bringing an intro to open source event to PDX, this fall

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Sep 4 20:03:02 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I wanted to ping here and see if people are interested in organizing a
one-day "introduction to open source software" workshop, focused on skills
and hands-on practice for contributing to open source projects, to
Portland State University.

Typically, we schedule these for weekend days, Saturday or Sunday. We also
try to co-organize with an existing local student group.

Shauna and I, the two main organizers, are going to be quite busy over the
next 30 days with other campuses, but it's possible I can help run an
event in Portland in person on the following weekends:

* Sat/Sun 10/12 or 10/13

* Sat/Sun 10/26 or 10/27

It's also very possible we could work with y'all to, by video chat, train
one of you in being a great organizer for these sorts of events.
Alternatively, we might also be able to find a different person in the
OpenHatch volunteer collection who can travel to y'all, in case Shauna and
I can't make it but it seems that would be helpful.

Let me know what y'all think!

-- Asheesh.