[Campus-neiu-staff] hope everything went well!

Carl Karsten carl at nextdayvideo.com
Sun Apr 27 02:49:19 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Jim Campbell <jcampbell at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> have everyone settle on one project to work on together.

totally agree.

I have a thought: part of the signup ask "what are your hobbies?"

Put all the answers into a big pot, boil, and be inspired to come up with 1
or 2 projects that the group might find interesting.  contact the project,
tell them about the event, and work out details of getting first class
help.

The two students that were able to chat with Sean in IRC were really
hooked. I think being able to connect with another human, remotely, who was
an expert... struck a cord.