[Campus-neiu-staff] hello Jim Thompson, + responsibilities

Thompson, James j-thompson11 at neiu.edu
Thu Apr 24 17:32:58 UTC 2014

Sure, I'd be glad to participate in the panel, or moderate if that's needed
more. Let me know.
I can probably even sneak in a few pictures if no one signs up for that.

Jim

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon
<shaunagm at gmail.com>wrote:

> Just added Jim Thompson to the list.  Thanks for volunteering, Jim!  I've
> also added you to the google folder.  This might also be useful for you:
> http://openhatch.github.io/open-source-comes-to-campus/mentorguide.html
>
> Looking at the list of responsibilities (
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fPVjs7X4IzWr9YWt4GKBt5aWnRhq3kpBKpTrUWpgTB4/edit)
> we're still missing:
>
> - someone to take pictures
> - someone to moderate, and a third person to be on the career panel
>
> (re: the career panel - Jim T, would you be interested in being on it?  If
> so, we could potentially keep it local and make it more of a discussion
> section, which I'm sure would go well - there is something to be said for
> keeping it in person where it's easy for students to feel comfortably and
> follow up.  The other option is to add in 1-3 remote panelists.  Do folks
> have a preference?)
>
> The doc should otherwise be up to date -- please take a look and let me
> know if you're been assigned to something you're not able to do, or you've
> been left off somewhere you should be.
>
> ~ Shauna

*--Jim Thompson*

Systems Management Group

*University Technology Services*Northeastern Illinois University, LWH3108
5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773)-442-4225

j-thompson11 at neiu.edu