[Campus-morris-staff] curriculum updates

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:15:55 UTC 2014

It will be a bit updated from last year, so probably makes sense to make
new repositories.  You don't necessarily have to delete the old ones,
though I don't see the harm in doing that.

The script takes a single repository, the template, in your organization,
and generates copies of files + issues.  The single repository needs to be
edited so that you like what it looks like, and the organizations need to
be made by hand.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Thomas Harren <harre096 at morris.umn.edu>
wrote:

> Okay, so the repositories are still sitting there from last year. Can we
> use those or do they need to be deleted? I we need new ones, are the files,
> issues, organizations good to go or do I need to find time to dig into that
> before we run the script?
>
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> The example curriculum is here:
>> http://example-osctc-site.github.io/curriculum/
>>
>> I can provide guidance on how to teach/lead any of those activities.
>>
>> Info on the git activity is here:
>> https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Practicing_Git
>>
>> Specifically, how to set up the git projects is here:
>>
>> https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Practicing_Git/Organizer
>>
>> Let me know if you have any questions, as we're happy to help you through
>> the process.
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM, Thomas Harren <harre096 at morris.umn.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Shauna,
>>> What did you have for resources? I've been looking around finding lots
>>> of pieces, but I guess it would be good to hear notes straight from you
>>> folks. Also, how do we set up new repositories for the git learning
>>> activity?
>>> Thanks,